• Will the leader have to perform any master of ceremonies duties and would you like to have a featured vocalist or vocal group?
• Read the musical qualifications of each musician in the category you have chosen.
• Once you have considered these suggestions and selected the appropriate musical group, discuss with the leader the number of musicians you feel will be needed based on your budget and the cost of the musical entertainment.
• Now you are ready to visit the "Types of Musical Groups" link.
Setting Up The Room For Your Event
• If appropriate, determine the location of the musical group so that it has direct access to the dance floor.
• Insure that the bandstand area is large enough to accommodate the musical group.
• Make sure someone is available to control the lighting during the event if applicable.
• Be sure that the musical leader, event planner, photographer, caterer, facility, manager, etc. communicate with each other throughout the event.